Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Could I use ANT protocol to send/receive own information using ANTAP281M4IB module?

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 0

PM

Hello, at this moment I am doing a project and I receive information from Garmin Premium HRM. Everything go ok, but now I want to send other information (from other sensors, like temperature and humidity) using wireless communication. First of all I was thinking about 433 MHz or 868 MHz, but suddenly I thought to use the same ANT receiver like HRM.

My question is:

Could I use ANT protocol to send other information (using other ANT module transmitter) and receive this information in other channel from HRM ANT receiver module?

If I am able to do this, are there any example/guiding documents that explain how to send information?
Should I pay any tax or it is free of charge if in the future I want to sell whole system?

PS: I use ANTAP281M4IB module      
Rank

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2012-05-08

PM

Hi mizzard,

Depending on your receiver’s hardware, it is possible to receive information from various devices of different types at the same time. You need to make sure that your receiver’s chipset supports multiple channels, and set it up so that each channel communicates with one device.

For a guide on how to use the ANT protocol properly, please refer to the ANT Protocol and Usage document found here:
http://www.thisisant.com/pages/developer-zone/ant-protocol-and-usage

Also, downloading the ANTware II software and its accompanying document is a great place to start with learning to send and receive information using ANT devices. To use ANTware II, you will require an ANT USB device. The program and the user manual can be found here:
http://www.thisisant.com/pages/developer-zone/software-tools
You can use ANTware II to mock up the communication of your devices during your development.

With regard to licensing, it really depends if you’re intending to commercialize products interoperable with other ANT+ products in the market. In essence, if you want your product be interoperable with other ANT+ devices, then it will need to go through ANT+ Certification. You can find more details regarding licensing for interoperable ANT+ products here
http://www.thisisant.com/pages/ant/ant-licensing

Otherwise, if your device does not require interoperability and everything you’re doing is proprietary, there are no additional requirements.

Regards,

laprairie      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 0

PM

Thank you so much. I have read the documents and now it is working!      
Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2016-12-14

PM

Dear Mizzard,

Hope you are doing well,

I am new to the ANT, I am going to read heart rate with the same ANT module "ANTAP281M4IB" that you used.
Could you please kindly help me and guide me to finish this task?
I would be great if you could share your code with me then I can have an overview of what should I do.
please do not hesitate to contact me any time via email.
Cheers!
Ali.
email : .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)