Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Complex network solution

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 0

PM

Hi all,

I need to implement a complex solution with the following definitions:

1. Host PC will run dedicated software and will receive data from up to 100 training stations.
2. Each training station will collect data from up to 3 different sensors - Heart rate, Cadence and optionally power sensor.
3. Data should be transferred from each training station to the host PC. The Maximum distance from the PC to the station will be 50 meters.
4. The training station unit should be very efficient in terms of power consumption.

I would like to know if I can use only ANT chips in order to implement this solution or should I develop my own chips that will host an ANT chip on each training station
and it will send the accepted data to the host PC.

I would like to hear from experienced users how robust this solution can be and what other configuration might work for me.

Thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hello,

From your description, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use just ANT for your implementation.

Please contact .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) for more information on how ANT can work for you, and the different networks etc. that you could use to configure your product.

Cheers      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

Nir Hasson - 28 February 2012 07:27 AM
Hi all,

I need to implement a complex solution with the following definitions:

1. Host PC will run dedicated software and will receive data from up to 100 training stations.
2. Each training station will collect data from up to 3 different sensors - Heart rate, Cadence and optionally power sensor.
3. Data should be transferred from each training station to the host PC. The Maximum distance from the PC to the station will be 50 meters.
4. The training station unit should be very efficient in terms of power consumption.

I would like to know if I can use only ANT chips in order to implement this solution or should I develop my own chips that will host an ANT chip on each training station
and it will send the accepted data to the host PC.

I would like to hear from experienced users how robust this solution can be and what other configuration might work for me.

Thanks

I'm using an ANT+ system for my fitness centre called Seego.
With one USB I easily connect 70 people. But I wanted to have the system all around the building; including outside. Realtrack (the seego distributor) sold me wired repearters with usbs. I have 2 repetears and the USB ant+ and it can monitor hundreds simultaneously with low consumption. I had an i5 laptop and it runs perfec.

And all of it is ANT+, so I think you will be able to use this technology.

Cheers!
Enzo