ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Linux Development Support

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-01-29

PM

Hi all,
I just joined ANT community, and I am already disappointed :(. Maybe this is without a reason, so I wanted to check.

All the tools on the first glance seem to be strictly Windows oriented. There is much of reasons why Windows should NOT be used in the development purposes (I will not go into it now), but I was wondering, as a Linux developer, what is the support for form this point of view?

What are the tools available for Linux? Are all the libraries available and can they be compiled with GCC?

Do we have appropriate development environment and ecosystem that can be run on Linux to develop applications for ANT?

Best regards,
Drasko      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Hello,

We do not offer support for Linux.

Note however that the full source code of the ANT Library Package is available in the Downloads section of the website (both for Windows and MacOSX), so you could use that as a starting point for your development. Most of the code in the libraries is standard C++ (and is built with GCC on the Mac version), Serial communication with the USB2 is based on libusb, and some users have reported success working with ANT in Linux

http://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/799/