Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Request for nRF51422 frequency agility example code

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-05-07

PM

Does anyone has example code for frequency agility on nRF51422? Current frequency agility example was software based and required 2+ USB ANT dongle. It does not show any example code for uVision project.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Frequency agility is a built-in feature of ANT in the nRF51. The Frequency Agility application note describes the messages used to configure this feature for the chips with built-in support in Section 5. You can find the application note here.
http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/#documents_tab

Nordic Semiconductor provides various reference designs for the nRF51, that illustrate how to configure channels; once you get familiar with basic ANT channel configuration, including the extended assignment for frequency agility should be straight forward.

Rank

Joined 2013-05-07

PM

Thank for the reply.=)
I had done same configuration as the application notes and test it with a simple broadcast sample. nRF51422 DK was successful connect with the USB ANT dongle but it continuous send ACKNOWLEDGE packet to ANT dongle. How to stop it sending ACKNOWLEDGE packet after it connect with other device and work normally? or frequency agility function only able to send ACKNOWLEDGE packet only?
Or i had to create my own application layer programming for frequency agility? so that i can stop it sending acknowledge packet after make sure both connected and good link performance.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Frequency agility is based on sending acknowledged messages, otherwise, it is not possible for the master to track performance of the link. Please refer to Section 4 of the Frequency Agility application note - particularly section 4.3.2.      
Rank

Joined 2013-05-07

PM

Thank for reply. i had read at the beginning. I only don't understand that can we stop it sending acknowledge packet after it get a good link performance?
My project is to use frequency agility to get connection between devices and then send data after get good link performance. That mean i had to write my own application layer for frequency agility, right?      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

No, it is not possible to switch back to broadcast messaging using the built in frequency agility.

The key idea behing frequency agility is the abiltiy to respond to changing RF conditions, which means you need to always monitor the link performance in case it changes from "good" to "not so good"

If your needs are different, you will have to do your own custom implementation at the application level.      
Rank

Joined 2013-05-07

PM

Thank for helping. I will try implement my own application layer for frequency switching as i need to design a low power device. Continuous link performance checking was drained too much current.