Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

missing ANT_SendBurstTransferPacket in DLL?

RankRank

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2009-03-20

PM

Hi,

I am using the function ANT_SendBurstTransferPacket() in the libANT.dylib for OS X, which works fine for sending individual burst packets.

But now I am trying to port the code to Windows and the ANT_LIB.dll doesn't export this function.

(I have the latest ANT_LIB.dll and libANT.dylib).

What is the recommended way to send individual burst packets in Windows?

Regards,
Mark
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Why are you sending your burst packets manually instead of using SendBurstTransfer()?

I am assuming you have a good reason, but if not please reconsider smile
SendBurstTransfer() not only automatically handles all the burst details like flags and such for you but also handles proper error handling and flow control.

If you still need to do it manually you can use ANT_WriteMessage() in the ANT_LIB.DLL. This function allows you to write the entire ANT message payload manually; the MessageID would be the Burst_Data_ID then you would use each 8 byte burst packet as the data parameter (with 8 as the size).

Signature

Dynastream Developer

RankRank

Joined 2009-03-20

PM

I need to update a progress bar during the transfer. I didn't see a way to do this in the SendBurstTransfer() API.

I think the ANT_WriteMessage() function will do what I want.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Because of the way the chip buffers burst data before sending it, there isn't an accurate way to determine burst progress, but doing it manually could give you some type of approximation just to show a user something I guess.

In that case, you probably want to take a look at the internal implementation of DSIFramerANT::SetupBurstDataTransfer() in "\ANT_LIB\software\serial\dsi_framer_ant.cpp" (in the ANT library zip) as reference code so you get things right. Good luck!      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

RankRank

Joined 2009-03-20

PM

The ANT process doesn't buffer that many bytes, and progress bars are not expected to be accurate. 8 bytes out of 30 kilobytes is a pretty small error.

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-11-05

PM

ShaneG - 19 June 2013 08:23 AM
Because of the way the chip buffers burst data before sending it, there isn't an accurate way to determine burst progress, but doing it manually could give you some type of approximation just to show a user something I guess.

In that case, you probably want to take a look at the internal implementation of DSIFramerANT::SetupBurstDataTransfer() in "\ANT_LIB\software\serial\dsi_framer_ant.cpp" (in the ANT library zip) as reference code so you get things right. Good luck!

Where can I download the "ANT library zip" file? I downloaded ANT_USB2_Mac_Package_v2.3.1.zip but there is no a folder like "\ANT_LIB\software". thx!      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 156

Joined 2013-01-07

PM

Donald,

The ANT Library zip file can be downloaded from the Software Downloads page under ANT Libraries:
http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/.

This page is the primary source for the latest versions of all our libraries and software packages.      
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-11-05

PM

usamak - 05 November 2013 11:14 AM
Donald,

The ANT Library zip file can be downloaded from the Software Downloads page under ANT Libraries:
http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/.

This page is the primary source for the latest versions of all our libraries and software packages.

Could you shed light on what file contains "\ANT_LIB\software\serial\dsi_framer_ant.cpp" so I can download it?
thx a lot grin

Edit: sorry I just realized I had to be "adopter" first :-D      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Yes, the ANT PC Libraries only appear on the download page when you are logged in with an account.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 156

Joined 2013-01-07

PM