Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT_NET_Libraries Profile Geocache

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

Hello,

we used the ANTUSB2 Stick and the ANT_NET_Libraries Geocache Profile:
First we activated DEMO_NET project and we are able to receive the data from Geocache Profile, but we cannot identify the RSSI value although the ENABLE_EXTENDED_MESSAGES flag is enabled. Below you find our byte array:
Trace link

Is the value we receive correct? Or what would we have to change to get the RSSI value?
What's the meaning of the bytes starting from the address 0x0000000f? I couldn't identity with the help of the document ANT Message Protocol and Usage.

Thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

To decode the extended information, refer to Section 7.1.1 f the ANT Message Protocol and Usage Document. You need to look at the flag byte (byte 9), which is 0x80. This indicates that the extended information includes just the channel ID, as outlined in Section 7.1.1. I am puzzled on why you are getting such a long message there tho. Was anything else modified other than the channel parameters?

Note however that the USB2 does not support RSSI measurements (and neither does the USB1 or USBm). If you are interested in obtaining RSSI measurements, you will need to use hardware with this capability, such as the C7.      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

Hello,

many thinks for your reply.
I don't know the reason I receive such a long message from the profile geocache.
I have the channel programmed with the following parameters:
USER_ANT_CHANNEL = 0
USER_DEVICENUM = 0
USER_DEVICETYPE = 0
USER_TRANSTYPE =0
USER_RADIOFREQ = 57
USER_CHANNELPERIOD = 8192
USER_NETWORK_KEY = { ANT+ Network Key}
USER_NETWORK_NUM = 0
EXTENDED_MESSAGES is enabled

Is there any changed parameter above? Any help is kindly appreciated.
Is there any C7-Evaluation kit available that can be plugged into my PC via USB2 ?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

Hi MWK,

I edited your post to remove the ANT+ Network Key. Please refrain from posting this in a public place. (See the terms of use here: http://www.thisisant.com/developer/ant-plus/ant-plus-basics/network-keys)

You can see all the channel parameters for the geocache device in the ANT+ Geocache Device Profile (here: http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/#documents_tab) I would recommend reading this as it will also explain the intended message flow for the device.

Kat      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Using the specific channel parameters (device type specially) for Geocache is important as that is what will ensure that you are connecting to a Geocache device, and not another ANT+ device (e.g. a HRM strap).

Regarding the C7 modules, yes, they are available in a DevKit that includes components that enable connecting it to a PC as a USB stick. Refer to the devkit tab on the C7 module page for more details

http://www.thisisant.com/developer/components/c7-modules/#43_tab