ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

How to Transfer Program to N5 Starter Kit

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Hi There,

Is there any forum or help line where we can check how to transfer data to N5 Starter Kit while using Keil uVision5?

Thanks,
Ravinder      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 156

Joined 2013-01-07

PM

Hi Ravinder,

I would recommend reading the N5 Starter Kit user manual (http://www.thisisant.com/resources/n5-starter-kit-user-manual/) for a step by step guide to setting up your PC for N5 development.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2013-01-07

PM

Also, if you are looking to use the N5 module to receive data from an ANT+ Bike Power meter, the Nordic SDK contains a reference design for a bike power receiver. It can be found at this location:

nrf51422\Board\pca10003\s210\ant_bicycle_pwr\bicycle_power_minium_receiver      
Rank

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Thanks for the information.

According to the manual you need .HEX file but I have a C# program.
I am looking for how to C# program in N5 Starter Kit or is there any way we can change our C# program to .HEX.

Thanks,      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2013-01-07

PM

The Keil MDK only supports c/c++ or assembly language to create applications. A hex file will be created once you build your project.      
Rank

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Hi There,

I have download Bicycle power reference design from ANT+ website
http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/

how can I build it as a project in Keil uVision5 or how can I transfer to N5 Starter kit?

Please specify the link because (
nrf51422\Board\pca10003\s210\ant_bicycle_pwr\bicycle_power_minium_receiver) does not open any website.

Thanks,

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2013-01-07

PM

Ravinder,

The reference designs available in that section are for the TI MSP430 platform.

If you follow the steps in the N5 Starter Kit user manual, you will download and install both the Nordic nRF51 and N5 Starter kit SDKs. These SDKs contain development examples for the N5 module. The location I provided earlier will be in the installed folder of the Nordic nRF51 SDK, it is not for a website.

Rank

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Thanks for the help.

It helped quit a bit.

I want to light one led on N5 receiver on certain power level. I just want to add that code in the bike power receiver program.

What will be the command to light the LED?
Is there any code built up already for it?

Please help,
Thanks