ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Environment Sensor connection

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 149

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

Hi,

I have a Temperature Sensor running in the ANT+ Sensor Simulator at 0.5Hz. I can connect to it in my app and the ANT+ Plugin Sampler, but both will continuously drop to SEARCHING. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Thanks,
R      

Signature

blackramlabs.com

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Is this still an issue for you? If possible, please install the Service Settings tool from https://github.com/ant-wireless/ANT-Android-SDKs/tree/master/ANT_Android_SDK/Tools Open .the tool, and set 'All Logging' to 'Enabled'. Run the app again with your current setup and then post or PM me the logcat output. Thanks.

The temperature plugins are designed to pick up the transmission rate from the beacon and match it, so it is possible the old simulator is reporting a bad value.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 149

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

Changing around the transmission rate setting on the ANT+ Sensor Simulator (to 4Hz, and then back to 0.5Hz) fixes this. Or else I see this using the ANT+ Plugin Sampler on any phone I have tried, nothing custom.      

Signature

blackramlabs.com

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Sorry, I am unable to reproduce this. The only way it looks like it can happen is by connecting at 4Hz then changing it to 0.5Hz in the simulator, even then it only drops to searching when the reception quality deteriorates to start missing messages.

The environment plugin does not currently respond to dynamic period changes, the first page 0 message it receives will define the period it uses to follow the broadcast. The next version of plugins will add this capability.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer