ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT+ Object Model

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-12-23

PM

All:

I'm working on an ANT+ application in LabVIEW to communicate with a Garmin Vector and a Garmin Heart Rate Monitor. I am in the process of re-architecting my code because I realized I did not choose the best classes the first time. To that end, I am attempting to understand the relationships between high-level ANT objects. I came up with the following. Note that "ANT Session" and "ANT Log" are specific to my application. Comments welcome, in particular related to the questions in the diagram - what limits the number of networks and number of channels on which a master device can communicate?

Thanks,
-Jamie      

Image Attachments

Obj_Model_Re-Arch_1.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi Jamie,

This amount of abstraction work seems somewhat unnecessary for just reading data from 2 ANT+ broadcast sensors, but you could look to the ANT Windows Libraries C# classes as a reference.

An ANT device can have any combination of master or slave channels, so a fixed "master device" or "slave device" label could be better served by just being an "ANT Device".

Most ANT devices support 8 channels, much older devices only supported 4 or 1 channels, but this number can be queried from the device.

Many older devices support only 3 ANT Network keys at 1 time, but newer devices can support up to 8 networks (1 per each channel). However, all ANT+ devices share the same singular network key so I'm not sure what "ANT Network" in your example expresses.

Cheers