ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Cant comunicate Arduino => AP2

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

1000ms should be fine.

Your best debug tool here is probably a logic analyser to see the messaging going on over the serial lines, and the most pertinent UART Arduino code I've seen so far would be this blog post.

There is also this blog post for a different module, but it's not necessary to loop the config multiple times, you just need to confirm each message was sent properly (event message back) with the correct flow control (don't send while RTS is high).

If you use the reset pin to reset the chip, you should see the startup message come from the AP2 after it resets.

After all that it doesn't work, it's a possibility the AP2 might have been damaged from it's encounter with 5V directly...      
Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 0

PM

The code I use are a stripped version of Keiths code.

The ap2-chip are new so it havent tasted any 5v, yet. smile

I have ordered another arduino-board for 3.3v and will try that one as soon as I get it. I think I also need some more experience with serial communication.

I will post a update next week, thanks for reply!

Harrison - 19 November 2012 10:17 AM
1000ms should be fine.

Your best debug tool here is probably a logic analyser to see the messaging going on over the serial lines, and the most pertinent UART Arduino code I've seen so far would be this blog post.

There is also this blog post for a different module, but it's not necessary to loop the config multiple times, you just need to confirm each message was sent properly (event message back) with the correct flow control (don't send while RTS is high).

If you use the reset pin to reset the chip, you should see the startup message come from the AP2 after it resets.

After all that it doesn't work, it's a possibility the AP2 might have been damaged from it's encounter with 5V directly...