ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Icon problem when running the rssi demo

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-19

PM

Hi everyone:
I got a problem when I run the rssi demo. The error is this: Error generating Win32 resource: reading icon "D:\ANT_RSSI_Demo.exe\ANT_RSSI_Demo\rssi_src\ANT_RSSI_Demo\ANTlogo.ico" error--Data is invalid.
I have searched this error, those solutions are about changing the size, format and color bits. This error still exists though I try those solutions.
Then I delete that icon and reference it again, this error disappears. But it cannot detect those garmin chirps, which means it cannot show the device form. If I just ignore the icon problem, then this program can show device form.
Anyone can give me a hand? I will be very thankful!      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

Are you using the prebuilt binary or building it from source? Did you try downloading a fresh copy (in case the ICO file corrupted)? It should build properly in VS2008-VS2012, at least here on my Win7 x64 machine.

Cheers      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-19

PM

Harrison - 19 June 2013 10:46 AM
Hi,

Are you using the prebuilt binary or building it from source? Did you try downloading a fresh copy (in case the ICO file corrupted)? It should build properly in VS2008-VS2012, at least here on my Win7 x64 machine.

Cheers

Hi~ I built it from the source. The original ANT_RSSI_Demo.exe works well and it can detect garmin chirps. What modification have you done to the original source code? (Did you set the private byte[] aucNetworkKey = {0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x01}; like this?)Could you send your demo? I wanna see if it works well on my machine. (email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address))
Also I find that the ANTlogo.ico is invalid. I right click on my project and click on the property, then I add that icon again, it shows that icon is invalid.
Even though that error disappears after I add a new available icon, it cannot detect garmin chirps and show them on the main form.
I really need your help~~~      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

You need to use the ANT+ Network Key to be able to find/track ANT+ devices, please read this FAQ post on what the ANT+ Network Key is.

After further investigation, I have reproduced the same error with the icon in the release on the downloads page and has been duly noted. In the meantime, I've attached a working logo you can use.

Cheers      

File Attachments