ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Using ANT Library

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-06-03

PM

Hi all,

I'm in the process of creating a console application to read cadence from a Garmin GSC-10 sensor.

How do I go about implementing the library to get cadence values from the sensor?

What I have is the ANT_NET_Libraries solution with my added C++ code to print the values. I'm just not sure how to get the values. (new at the whole implementing a library thing).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Equis      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

Hi Equis,

This appears to be a very similar question to the one you asked two days ago, that Harrison answered.

Your key to understanding the libraries is the ANT Message Protocol and Usage document, and to know how bike speed and cadence values are interpreted please see the ANT+ device profile document. You can find these on the downloads page: http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/#documents_tab

If you have a specific question and cannot find the answer in these documents, or on the getting started page that Harrison pointed you to earlier, then you are welcome to ask it here. But it is difficult for us to answer really general questions - so please be specific!

Thanks!

Kat      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

Just my 2 cents, based on my experience in a very similar project:
the documents that you've been pointed to are so comprehensive and so "good", that I found it very easy to accomplish a similar project like yours. I don't know if I even had to ask questions in the forum after reading them. So good luck, these documents will be your friends.