ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

no burst messages

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2014-08-02

PM

Hello,
I'm having an ANT master on a nrf51422 with s210 soft device and an ant stick under OS/X. Usual broadcasting works like a charm. Now I want to send (extended) burst data from the OS/X machine to the nrf51422. I'm doing this by calling DSIFramerANT::SendExtBurstTransfer(). The function takes some time, but then returns with ANTFRAMER_PASS.

But on the nrf51422 I receive no single burst message. I've sampled the 300 first message ids and there is exactly one 0x4E (MESG_BROADCAST_DATA_ID) and the rest is 0x40 (MESG_RESPONSE_EVENT_ID).

I would expect to see MESG_EXT_BURST_DATA_ID or MESG_BURST_DATA_ID. I know that this is very little information I'm providing, but does someone have an idea want could be wrong here? Anyone used that configuration and made some experience and would like to share them?

Edit: if I use SendTransfer() instead of SendExtBurstTransfer(), I receive tons of 0x50 (MESG_BURST_DATA_ID) messages. So the question boils down to: What do I have to do send extended burst messages?

TIA and kind regards,

Torsten      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Why do you need to send extended burst messages?
An extended burst message includes the channel ID in the first packet. There is no reason to use these in synchronized channels (master/slave); transmitted extended messages are intended to be used together with continuous scanning mode so the scanner can send a message to a specific device.      
Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2014-08-02

PM

Hello Alejandra,

alejandra - 26 November 2014 01:59 PM
Why do you need to send extended burst messages?

thank you for replying. Oh, I get the feeling that I've mixed "extended" with "advanced" wink According to the documentation the right function to send advanced burst data would be ANT_SendAdvancedTransfer(). But I don't find that function in the OS/X Library. Any hints, on how to send "advanced" burst messages?.

cheers,
Torsten      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Yes, advanced burst is a little different than extended burst messages :-)
For functions that are not present in the library yet, you can always try writing the raw ANT serial message.