Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Driver ANT installation on W8 doesn’t work!

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-04-15

PM

Hi,

it couldn't be acceptable to do the advance PC reboot to do the ANT drivers installation on Windows 8.
It means that the driver are not signed as "thisisant" declares.

Please explain what is a real solution.

Thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

I am not clear what you are asking here. The ANT USB drivers distributed through thisisant.com and the Windows Update mechanism are signed and should not require a reboot during the automatic installation procedure on the first time install.

Which drivers are you referring to and what are you trying to do when you have these problems?      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 2013-04-15

PM

ShaneG - 17 February 2015 05:11 PM

Which drivers are you referring to and what are you trying to do when you have these problems?

Hi,

I have already tried to install the driver following the Windows updates procedure, so let the computer downloading the drivers, but it doesn't complete the procedure, it give me an error of "not available drivers on windows updates"
Here some details of what i tried:
http://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/3944/#6272      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

To follow up on Eee's case for future reference, after more communication with Eee it was discovered that their attempt to install the drivers by copying them directly to the /inf folder broke the windows update mechanism on Windows 8.

Symptoms:
-Attempting to install a driver via windows update resulted in an error dialog "error 2 system cannot find the file specified"
-Setupapi.dev.log shows install failure with the error "!!! ndv: Driver package import failed for device."
-But, windows update logs show driver was matched and downloaded succesfully

Cause:
-A copy of the driver inf file was being programatically copied directly into the %windir%\inf folder by an application installer (Windows 7 works correctly in this case, Windows 8 fails as described above).

Resolution:
-Remove the copied inf file from the computer, remove the device, reboot, reinsert the device and allow windows update to successfully install the driver.

Note: installers should never directly copy files to the \inf folder. The correct method to add drivers is to add them to the driver store using pnputil or the driver API.

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 2013-04-15

PM

Hi Shane,

you are right, the driver installation works fine with your suggestion, but not so fluently, I try to explain it better.
The installation procedure should start automatically when the drive has been plugged on.
In this case, the installation procedure must be forced, and it only works if the computer is online.

Thanks