ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Problems with inserting the valid license key

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2022-09-15

PM

Hi,
I am currently testing the nRF5340 with the associated development kit. I have installed the v2.1.99-dev2 SDK with the associated ant-sdk.
I wanted to load the example "ant_brodcast_rx", but unfortunately I get the error:

C:\ncs\v2.1.99-dev2\zephyr\include\zephyr\toolchain\gcc.h:77:36: error: static assertion failed: "You must obtain a valid license key to use ANT. You may use the evaluation key for non-commercial use only with CONFIG_ANT_EVALUATION_KEY=y set on the network core. Commercial use license keys are available from ANT Wireless, see CONFIG_ANT_LICENSE_KEY for details."
77 | #define BUILD_ASSERT(EXPR, MSG...) _Static_assert(EXPR, "" MSG)

C:\ncs\v2.1.99-dev2\ant\init\ant_init.c:79:3: note: in expansion of macro 'BUILD_ASSERT'
79 | BUILD_ASSERT(

I have now tried a lot but unfortunately I could not solve the problem yet and I am a bit down.
What do I have to change to agree to the license conditions and load the example on the nRF5340dk?

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2022-06-01

PM

Hi there,

Instructions for working with ANT License Keys on nRF Connect SDK are available here:
https://www.thisisant.com/APIassets/ANTnRFConnectDoc/doc/integration_notes.html#license-keys

To work with the ANT evaluation key (for non-revenue generating activities), it must be configured for the image targeting the network core (cpunet). You can do so by changing the ANT_EVALUATION_KEY Kconfig for your network core image (ant_rpc.conf in ant_broadcast_tx) from 'n' to 'y': https://github.com/ant-nrfconnect/sdk-ant/blob/main/samples/ant_broadcast_tx/child_image/ant_rpc.conf#L8

Alternatively, if your organization has a valid commercial license key, you can configure it with CONFIG_ANT_LICENSE_KEY="your-key". Again, this is required for the network core image (cpunet).

Let us know if this gets you going. Otherwise, please share some details on what you have tried.      
Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2022-09-15

PM

Hi,
thank you very much for the quick help.
It works now.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2022-11-29

PM

I also find the valid license key and I found my answer in your post thanks. I wasn't expecting that I will gonna find your post. I was searching for the cv writers reviews online and by mistake, I clicked on your post as well and that is how I found your post.      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2023-12-14

PM

Examine the license requirements carefully in relation to the example that you are attempting to put onto the nRF5340dk. Recognize the particular conditions and specifications listed in the license. Be mindful of any limitations, duties, or requirements for attribution that could be stated.scratch games