ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

nRF52840 Pin Assignment Information

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2023-03-05

PM

Hello everyone,

I'm starting to develop a sensor that's going to use the nRF52840 as the ANT+ MCU. In order to make the comunication wiring with the host MCU, I need to know the pinout assigment for the nRF52840 (I.e. TX, RX, RTS, SUSPEND, SLEEP, etc) when it runs the SoftDevice s340, but I couldn't find this information. Could someone help me?

Thanks, Rodrigo.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

The soft device does not provide such an interface. This would have to be written in your software that sits on top of the SoftDevice.      

Signature

Ian Haigh

Rank

Joined 2024-07-05

PM

For those tackling nRF52840 pin assignments, I recommend checking out Assignment Service. They specialize in detailed technical assignments and can help simplify complex pin configurations. Their experts provide clear, step-by-step guidance, ensuring you get the most out of your project. Whether you're stuck on GPIO, UART, or other peripherals, they've got you covered.

Rank

Joined 2024-08-07

PM

Hi Rodrigo,

To get the pin assignments for the nRF52840 when using the SoftDevice S340, you'll need to configure them yourself in your firmware, as the SoftDevice doesn't assign specific pins for TX, RX, RTS, etc. by default. You can set these pin assignments in your code using the appropriate peripheral drivers (like UART or GPIO). For example, using the nRF5 SDK, you can define the pins in the UART configuration structure. Check the SDK documentation and examples for guidance on how to configure these peripherals. Also, make sure to review the nRF52840 Product Specification for detailed pin capabilities.

Good luck with your project!

level devil