Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT respose messages

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 0

PM

On PC platforms, the ANT DLL will generate a channel event.

On embedded platforms,where can I gather this info ?

BR
Yaniv      
Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 0

PM

In the reference design I saw the file BitSyncSerial.c which
implements the Bit Synchronous Serial Port.

I'd like to know if reading from or writing message to ANT chip is with one bit.

Can the ANT chip read an arry (leagal standart ANT data packet) as is (not only one bit per time)?

BR
Yaniv      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Channel response/event messages from ANT come under the 0x40 message ID format, which you can find described in the "ANT Message Protocol and Usage" document. The reference code I believe your referring to uses the "MESG_RESPONSE_EVENT_ID" define to filter out these types of messages.

ANT supports both UART and SPI communication. SPI includes both byte-synchronous as well as bit-synchronous communication. That particular set of reference code uses bit-synchronous communication. Under the "ANT+ Embedded Reference Designs" section, those examples use other types of serial such as UART. For more information on the MCU <-> ANT embedded communication, please refer to the "Interfacing with ANT General Purpose Chipsets and Modules" document.

If you look at the main code examples, they show the application code interacting with whole ANT packets, as the serial communication code abstracts most of it away from the application code.

Best regards