ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

More technical details about TIs CC256x and CC257x

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-12-17

PM

Hi,

at the moment I'm trying to compare some ANT SoCs / WNPs. After reading a lot of data sheets and official websites. Here a list of what I need to know (CC2564, CC2564-TIWI-UB2, CC2570, CC2571):

1. memory (flash | RAM) [all]
2. min. current @ 0 dB & 3 V & standard mode (RX | TX) [for CC2564, CC2564-TIWI-UB2]
3. modes (OFF / sleep [3] | standby [2] | wake-up [1]) [for CC2564-TIWI-UB2]
4. start time (active -> RX/TX) [all]
5. sensitivity (receive) @ high gain [all]
6. output (TX) power ranging [for CC2564, CC2564-TIWI-UB2]

PS: I also could need some infos about stack (size, ...) @ ANT.

PPS: But WNPs need a MSP430 to work. Which one would you recommend for these µCs?

best regards and hoping for quick help,

Daniel      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

CC2567: it provides up to +10dBm Tx Power, and -93dBm typical sensitivity, according to the datasheet
CC257x:, it provides Tx power range of -21 to +4 dBm, -86dBm receiver typical sensitivity
For additional hardware specific figures not present in the datasheet, we would recommend contacting TI.

Not sure how helpful it would be to know the flash/RAM/stack size of these parts, as they are Network Processors, and thus, none of that would be available for your application.
When using a wireless network processor, you would need a microcontroller for your application, and you can select one with the flash/RAM that best fits your needs. Microcontroller choice depends on your particular application needs. The reference code we make available is for the MSP430, as it is a good match for ultra low power applications, however, it really depends on your application what would be the most suitable choice for you.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Just wanted to add a quick note, if your using a CC256x it likely means your doing concurrent BT/ANT, if you require a stack, BlueKitchen provides an Open Source ANT/Bluetooth Stack if you contact them.

I believe the lowest power MSP430 TI offers is the FRAM series, it's a fairly new series so you might want to read the errata thoroughly if there's any bugs which may affect you.

Cheers      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-12-17

PM

At first, thanks for your answers.
The application: We are working on a sensor device, that should be as small ans low-energy as possible, measuring PH, blood pressure, temperature, ... So the device is active for a while measuring, then in standby/sleep/... mode for a long time and at another time sending the data via ANT or BLTE to a smartphone.