Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Is multi master operation possible

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-04-28

PM

I want to know if it possible to connect one ant+ device with more than one master at the same time. In my case I want to transmit the data of a speed sensor to two bike computers. Is that possible? Thank you for your help.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

Yes.
The speed sonsor (= ANT master - the wording in your post wasn't quite exact) BROADCASTS its data. There's no handshake with the receiving end.
Every ANT slave (e.g. a bike computer) within reach, which opens a listening channel with the correct channel settings, will pick up these broadcast data and can display them.

OMB      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

HI:

Can I use ANT+ in connection with my Samsung Galaxy S4 to replace a simple bike computer on my road bike? I want to measure distance and speed (Currently using a Cateye)....
What do I need to purchase to make it transfer data from bike to phone while cycling?

Thanks!
Barbara      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

Hi Barbara,

You would need to get an app for your phone and buy a mount to hold the phone on your handlebars if you want to be able to see it while you ride.

A list of Android apps is here: http://www.thisisant.com/directory/filter/~/115/~/

Choose one that you like that supports bike speed.

That should be all you need.

Kat      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

One additional thought:
A simple bike computer is rather cheap.
A phone based solution will need at least an additional ANT+ capable speed/cadence sensor, the price of which could exceed that of a simple bike computer.
And mounting your smart phone at the handle bar puts it at risk.

So I'm not sure that a smart phone based solution is the more economical one.

Cheers,
OMB