ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Download Permissions for N5 SDK 2.0 problems

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2009-11-18

PM

Hi there,

I am exmperimenting with the N5 module and I saw, that you have uploaded V2.0 of the SDK and other interesting downloads (OTA Updater).

These two downloads appear in my download area but when I click on them there is a page saying:

Restricted Access
Sorry, you don't have access to view this file.

I am able to download V1.0 of the SDK so I don't understand why I can't download V2.0. ObservANT is working (was also uploaded on the 12th of december).

I am interested in the "nrf24ap2 emulation" binaries (which are already on the N5) if there were some updates, especially the baudrate settings to talk to the module are not the same (50kbaud is only available on the nrf24ap2 but not on the N5 module...)

Thanks
Florian      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

You will need to sign up as an ANT+ Adopter to get access to the N5 SDK 2.0, this will also give you access to the ANT-FS network key which is needed to use the OTA DFU reference design. You should be able to upgrade your account from the account settings.

Regarding the network processor code, the version included in the N5 SDK2.0 does not add any new baud rates.
What is new:
* Compatible with SoftDevices s210 4.0 and s310 2.0.
* RTS toggling for message processing in async mode (similar to AP2)
* Sync serial mode default SPI rate changed from 4M to 500k      
Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2009-11-18

PM

Hi alejandra,

alejandra - 17 December 2014 05:43 PM
You will need to sign up as an ANT+ Adopter to get access to the N5 SDK 2.0, this will also give you access to the ANT-FS network key which is needed to use the OTA DFU reference design. You should be able to upgrade your account from the account settings.

Regarding the network processor code, the version included in the N5 SDK2.0 does not add any new baud rates.
What is new:
* Compatible with SoftDevices s210 4.0 and s310 2.0.
* RTS toggling for message processing in async mode (similar to AP2)
* Sync serial mode default SPI rate changed from 4M to 500k

Ok, I upgraded to an ANT+ adopter and am now able to download. Thanks for that hint.

What about the network processor code. Is there anywhere a documentation where these kind of information is written down like the change of sync-serial SPI rate. You wrote it is default 500k. Is it possible to set it up to e.g. 2MHz like in the nrf24AP2?

Are there any current measurements how the network processor code behaves in compairison to the nrf24AP2?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Refer to the N5 module datasheet for current consumption figures.
We are working on updating the datasheet to cover the new features of the updated network processor code.

Regarding byte sync mode, the speed can be set to either 500kHz or 4Mzh by setting BR3
BR3 = 0: 500KHz
BR3 = 1: 4MHz