ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Refresh time of the data

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

Joined 0

PM

Hi,

I developped in vb.net an ant+ software. I noticed that every 4 a 5 seconds data is refreshed.
Other tools (eg. garmin edge 800) and other examples of software seems to refresh the data (speed, cadence, power) realtime.
I cannot find what to change to get a better refresh rate of the data.

Does anyone have a clue for me to look for?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Klaasjan      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

klaasjan - 20 February 2013 11:06 AM
Hi,

I developped in vb.net an ant+ software. I noticed that every 4 a 5 seconds data is refreshed.
Other tools (eg. garmin edge 800) and other examples of software seems to refresh the data (speed, cadence, power) realtime.
I cannot find what to change to get a better refresh rate of the data.

Does anyone have a clue for me to look for?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Klaasjan

For sure that's a problem with your app.
1. add diagnostic code to the metho in your app that processes the ANT message to print out the exact time of every message processing; just to make sure that you REALLY get messages in that slow frequency
2. ensure that you process error events so that errors don't do unnoticed
3. if it's not a plain other problem(--> 1. to detect that), I'd assume that you have configured a wrong channel period; so the ANT USB stick doesn't pick up every transmitted message but just with the beat frequency of transmission interval and reception interval.

Cheers,
OMB

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

Joined 0

PM

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
I investigated the c++ code and converted to vb.net. The only major difference i saw was that the channel period was the same for heart, speed and cadence. Now i use the proper channel period. 8070 for the heart and 8086 for the combined speed and cadence. Now the refresh rate is ok.

Best Regards,
Klaasjan