ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT + BT SMART chip

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Good afternoon,

I am currently working on shifting a sensor design to work wireless, but one of the requirements I am faced with is that I have to be able to output either ANT or BT SMART. Now I have looked around and found drop-in modules like Panasonic PAN1327 that do both, but I haven't found any documentation. Are there any other modules like this in which I can simply communicate over UART and then choose which way I am supposed to go? Any pointers would be great.

Cheers,
Tom      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

Hi Tom,

The N5 module using the nRF51422 SoC supports both ANT and Bluetooth: http://dynastream.com/developer/n5

Does that meet your needs?

Kat

Rank

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Hi Kat,

Thanks for getting back. I did have a look at that SoC. I wanted to avoid either redesigning our sensor system to fit around the SoC or to use a second MCU on the boards. I have four separate/different sensors that I will need to join into a star or scanning mode. I won't be going down the PAN1327 route as TI's support for ANT seems to be dwindling unfortunately. So I am pretty much locked in to go with both the nRF8001 and nRF24AP2 (ANTAP281M4IB) modules. This will allow me commit to one further down the road.

Cheers,
Tom      
Rank

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

On a further note, does anybody by any chance have PCB files for the nRF51422 SoC other than the ALTIUM library files?