ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Request for Information about releasing ANT Softdevice Rust Driver open source

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2023-10-16

PM

Hello ANT Team,

I've been developing a product based on an ANT softdevice and the nRF52832 chip for a while now. We just went through certification and I think everything worked so far.
The reason I'm writing this post is that we programmed the entire software in Rust.
During the development, we created an abstraction for the softdevice ANT API by extending the Rust library nrf-softdevice.
I would like to publish this open source, but I'm not sure if this is possible from a licensing perspective.
The open-source release would contain rust binding generated via bindgen which generates bindings to the softdevice-calling assembly instructions directly generated from the headers.
The headers themselves are not under a permissive license, of course, which is the reason I'm asking here.
The bindings would also contain the evaluation license key, but it needs to explicitly be selected by choosing LicenseKey::EvaluationOnly when creating the softdevice.

Now I'm interested whether it would be possible to publish this as open source.
Please let me know if you need any further information or want to see the code about this.
See related GitHub issue here: https://github.com/embassy-rs/nrf-softdevice/issues/155